To continually improve the quality and scope of graduate medical education within the continuum of osteopathic medical education.
NYCOMEC’s internships, residencies and fellowships will be filled with high quality physicians whose training prepares them to meet America’s health care needs.
- Societal Needs: Serving the needs of America’s health care system with an emphasis on primary care.
- Patient-Centered Care: Training that incorporates American Osteopathic Association (AOA) osteopathic core competencies, with an emphasis on promoting patient participation in their care.
- Teamwork: Collaboration among member institutions to enhance educational programs and coordinate administrative activities.
- Economic Efficiency: Cost-effective sharing of educational resources.
- Innovation: Fostering a receptive environment for new and innovative education curriculum models, emphasizing evidence-based medicine, cultural competence, and patient safety, within the context of osteopathic principles and practices.